Endnote and ML

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by Dr Charter, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Dr Charter macrumors 6502

I received this response today from Thompson's when asking about Endnote's compatibility with ML:

I have read that X5 works but I'm not going to risk upgrading until I know for sure since I use Endnote every day. X6 comes out for Mac in September, so they might wait until then to announce something about ML.

2. Blue Sun macrumors 6502a

Anecdotal evidence suggests that EndNote X5 works. I'll be installing ML soon on my MBP, I'll update this thread to let you know what happens.

3. icsarojini macrumors newbie

Yeah, can you please post back here and let me know as well? I'm a scientific writer so I absolutely have to have a functional Endnote app (or at least one that is easy to fix after upgrading my MBP to ML)!!! :)

4. Dr Charter thread starter macrumors 6502

I wish I had a second mac to test it on. I'd hate to go through the trouble of downgrading. Well that settles it. I need to buy a second mac to test Endnote with Mountain Lion. It's time to inform the wife. :D

5. sevimli macrumors 6502a

I am using Word 2011 and Endnote x5 without any problems since Wednesday.

6. bbraam macrumors newbie

X5 and Mountain Lion... does not work on my system

Hi All: Other than reported in this thread ... on my system Endnot X5 crashes either immediately at startup, or after I perform a search.

7. VTECaddict macrumors 6502

Just launched EndNote X4 and it seems to be working for me on ML.

8. Blue Sun macrumors 6502a

I have installed Office 2011 and EndNote X5, everything seems to be running normally. I'd say its safe to upgrade to ML.

FWIW, I did a clean install of ML and re-installed both Office 2011 (first) and then EndNote X5 (second). Make sure you update Office 2011 after you re-install it.

Mountain Lion is much faster than Lion (on a 15" 2010 MBP), I recommend upgrading (preferably via a clean install).

Hope this helps.