EndNote X2 and Word 2008

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by knarzie, Jul 10, 2009.

1. knarzie macrumors regular

Just installed the EndNote X2 on my macbook, but I seem to be unable to get the 'cite when you write' function to work.

it just does not appear in any word doc. I open. When I go to:

Applications > EndNote > Cite When You Write > Endnote CWYW COmmands.dot

I can open this and I get a blank word doc. where I can see the function in the toolbar but am unable to do anything with this.

Anyone got any ideas?

2. Namely macrumors newbie

endnote patch

I had the same problem, and it was quite complicated to resolve. There is a patch that supposedly can help that problem on the Endnote site. It may fix things for you, but it did not for me, so I had some very fine, but very involved help from the Endnote support, both by phone and mail. I cannot adequately explain what solved my problem, I am sorry. But begin with the patch and then use the support.

3. marianneam macrumors newbie

What worked for me

Had exact same problem. First, install the patch as mentioned above. Can't find the link right now - but it's somewhere one the EndNote site.

Then, follow these instructions: http://www.ritme.com/requirements/us/endnote2eng.html

Thought I'd spare others my good 3 hours of frustrated installing and uninstalling before finding that link.

Good luck!

4. dbwie macrumors 6502

do this! the solution...

Go to this page on the EndNote website:

http://www.endnote.com/support/ENX201_WinMac_updater.asp

Download and install the "Mac OS X patcher" file. Then, download the new "Cite While You Write" folder (a link on that page) and follow the instructions given on that page. It will solve your problem.