Eneloop

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by deep diver, Sep 7, 2012.

1. deep diver macrumors 65816

deep diver

I've decided I'm tired of switching back and forth between disposable and rechargeable batteries in my flash depending on whether I need greater output or faster recycle times. Eneloops (if I go with what Sanyo says) could be the answer, especially the EneloopXX. What experience have any of you had with Eneloops in general and EneloopXXs in particular?

2. TheDrift- macrumors 6502a

TheDrift-

I pretty much swear by eneloops, cycle pretty fast and last well....what more do you need?

3. jabbott macrumors 6502

I like Eneloops so much that I phased out using any other NiMH or alkaline battery. I even bought C battery adapters (that allow you to use AAs to power C battery devices) so I could use Eneloops for those as well. I'm using a Lacrosse BC-900 charger (which has been replaced by the BC-700 and BC-1000 models) and it works very well with Eneloops. I can't remember ever having to replace an Eneloop due to it going bad or not holding a charge... Because of that, I haven't needed to buy any EneloopXXs yet.

4. oblomow macrumors 68020

oblomow

I use eneloops in my flash. Ideal solution. They're never empty when I decide to use it. Previously I used ordinary NiMh, but they I always had to recharge them before I could use them.

My Petzl headlight ( for camping ) also uses eneloops, for the same reason.

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Eneloops and the dedicated charger run all My Mac mice, KB's etc. and a couple of cameras...I can't recommend them highly enough.

6. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

I did two days shooting and just shy of 1000 flash shots with one set a 4xaa envelops in my 430exii. Definitely recommend them!