Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theansweriswhy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Hi everyone, Im trying to play enemy territory on my macbook, and Ive installed it and when I run the app I get a chain of error beeps and Im forced to force quit. Any ideas are greatly appreciated
Thanks so much!
ps Ive also installed patch 2.60b

1ncr3du10u5

macrumors member
May 16, 2007
Hi everyone, Im trying to play enemy territory on my macbook, and Ive installed it and when I run the app I get a chain of error beeps and Im forced to force quit. Any ideas are greatly appreciated
Thanks so much!
ps Ive also installed patch 2.60b

Are you sure it will even run on a Macbook, assuming you don't mean a Macbook Pro? Integrated graphics are poor even for older titles.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I expect Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory would be fine on a MacBook: other Quake 3 engine titles (universal binaries) perform VERY well on my X3100 MacBook Air. World of Padman for instance, looks superficially much more modern than W:ET, and runs well at high detail settings--except I choose 16-bit textures. (It makes little visible difference but runs much faster for some reason.)

I'd expect GMA950 could handle it too--maybe with different settings.

Now, if you're talking about the new Quake Wars: Enemy Territory, then no--its requirements are higher. That's a Doom 3 engine game, and although I can get those to run OK on my Air at LOW detail when not much action is happening (1v1 in Prey demo is OK--and doesn't look bad considering the low res I use), Quake Wars would not be happening.

Minocan

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2008
Make sure you get 2.60d, that is the universal binary patch. And there are many mods in ET. Most servers run on mods (Jaymod, NoQuarter etc)

empireos

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2008
ET works great on my basic macbook. I got help from someone on the forum...his advice:

"Try putting this .cfg file into your etmain folder: http://redsaurus.net/autoexec.cfg (rename it to autoexec.cfg if your browser downloads it as something else). Then in that file (autoexec.cfg), open it up and add "set r_fullscreen "0"" to it.

It should work fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.