Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RevToTheRedline

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
I have a APC UPS plugged into my iMac, all works fine. But it doesn't seem to be keeping the settings.

I have it set to turn off display after 8 minutes, and have turned OFF dim display before going in to standby. But no matter if its selected off or on, the display dims. I tried unplugging the USB cable from the APC, it still dims with the feature turned off.

Whats the deal?

Visualize

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2007
Denmark
There's nothing to be done about that particular issue. I have the same issues, I hate it when the screen dims. Anyway's you can always re-uncheck the box on each boot. Or you can choose to type this in Terminal - maybe make it an AppleScript or something and have it start on login - here's the code;
Code:
sudo pmset halfdim 0
last character is a zero not an O

OS X simply resets the dimming setting on each boot. Annoying.

I haven't got a APC PSU hooked up to my iMac. Just regular power from the outlet in the wall.

Is this what you were after?

ingenious

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2004
Washington, D.C.
You don't by any chance happen to be running the Test Drive version of PowerPoint 2004 when this happens do you?

We had a problem similar to this. The screen saver would come on while PowerPoint was running even though the settings were set correctly.

We uninstalled Office 2004 TD, reinstalled the real version, and we were good to go.

Just something to consider.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.