Energy Saver preference pane 10.5.6 version number?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by richard.mac, Jan 6, 2009.

1. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

can someone using 10.5.6 on a Mac released before the new MacBooks please do me a favour and go to /System/Library/PreferancePanes and check if EnergySaver.prefpane is version number 4.0?

im using the Energy Saver preference pane which came with the new MacBook's Leopard install and i want to put back the old one back which came with Leopard installed on my Core Duo MacBook Pro but i lost my back up! so i want to know if the version from 10.5.0 is the same as 10.5.6. i hope i made sense :D.

p.s. i dont backup the system with Time Machine so i cant go back in Time and get it :p.

2. jdenise.pippen macrumors newbie

jdenise.pippen

After the most recent update by apple, I also have an issue with my energy saver preferences. I used to be able to click on the battery in the top right hand corner and select one of the three options “better performances, normal or better battery”. Now all it shows me is the battery percentage, options to change the icon from the battery to a percentage or the amount of time left and then the energy saver preferences. I’ve been trying to uninstall the update to see if that was the problem, however I can’t find a way to uninstall the update and test my theory. I’m waiting for apple support to give me some guidance on this issue. :confused:

3. richard.mac thread starter macrumors 603

richard.mac

that has nothing to do with my question. im just looking for the version number of EnergySaver.prefpane.

so could anyone using any Mac except the new MacBooks with 10.5.6 please report the version number of EnergySaver.prefpane with the old incandescent bulb icon?

Apple removed energy settings from the Battery menu bar. you can ask about this in the front page 10.5.6 thread.

4. bsheridan macrumors 6502

bsheridan

Macbook bought October 2007.
    b.

Attached Files:

5. richard.mac thread starter macrumors 603

richard.mac