Enermaxus Aeolus laptop Cooler

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by maflynn, May 29, 2009.

1. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I just received the Enermaxus Aeolus laptop cooling pad and I have to say that its an awesome product :)

Its kind of funny to be so glowing about a laptop cooling pad but this puppy has knocked off 15c off my laptop temps. Unlike other cooling pads, its made of aluminum and practically the entire base is covered by one gigantic fan. Every other cooling pad (that has fans) that I've looked at uses one, two or more fans, this baby has one silent big fan that is doing an excellent job.

I cannot recommend any higher. My temps are now between 30 and 45c where they used to hover 45-55 (in the 60s with VMware running). I typically keep the 9400m GPU enabled partly because of the heat, but I think I may swap over on to that GPU not that my MBP isn't getting too hot.

2. dan5.5 macrumors 6502

i've been looking into this cooler, but i was scared to buy because the reviews on newegg were pretty bad. I might have to get one 2.

3. maflynn thread starter Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I got mine at amazon had not thought about newegg, so I missed out on the rebate :(

The reviews there were more positive, while the fan house is indeed plastic as one reviewer on newegg noted and complained how the fan would stop if not on flat surface. I think that makes sense. The laptop cooler is designed to be on a desk which is how I use mine. Like I said, I'm seeing around a 15c cooling difference now that I have this puppy.

4. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

hell yea it's good. i have been recommending it to people on this site for a while now. it's good to see you got it. to me it is the only cooling pad worth buying.

5. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

I'll have to try this out, ive been testing out a few coolers with mixed results.

I originally picked up a Zalman2000 which has been said to be a strong and recommended cooler...but the way the uMBP are built heat dissipates a bit differently.

I have had good success with this so far, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834997340