Engadget busted Apple for Photoshopping

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ReallyBigFeet, Sep 6, 2010.

1. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

I've always assumed Apple Photoshopped their screen images on their website. Sometimes they say "unretouched," but I'm guessing this proves that in almost every other instance, its 'shopped.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/06/apple-sucks-at-photoshop-too/

Apple sucks at Photoshop too
    By Vlad Savov posted Sep 6th 2010 3:32AM
    Ladies and gentlemen, presenting the new fourth-generation iPod touch: it's so much like an iPhone that it has a Phone app (wait, what?). Better yet, if you do a Spotlight search on it, it'll return results from a messaging app it's not supposed to have. How's that for value? This would all be a great big enigmatic mystery if we weren't ourselves familiar with the practice (and pitfalls) of splicing disparate images into unholy creations. Well, at least now Microsoft isn't alone in making self-published Photoshop gaffes.

P.S. -- There's one more misplaced app on this magical device, but we'll let you figure it out for yourself!

[Thanks, Michael and Rory]

Update: Apple's now finally rid itself of the ignoble image above, but the lower two remain.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. iRance macrumors regular

For some reason,I read the title as "Engadget busted by Apple for photoshopping." Must be because I've been playing Modern Warfare 2 for too long.:rolleyes:

3. ralts macrumors newbie

You're saying I don't get my iPod touchPhone? False advertising! :p

Apparently Apple's removed the first one, but I wonder how long it will take them to remove the other two.

4. derek320 macrumors member

If you look at the picture on the top right that shows the phone icon, you'll also notice that they show an "iPod" app. Only the iPhone has an "iPod" app whereas the iPod touch has a "music" app and a "videos" app

5. unr1 macrumors regular

what's the last pic pointing at? What's the reflection

6. Cuz03 macrumors member

i think it's because in the reflection there are volume buttons but the ipod touch has a single volume tilt thing.

7. terraphantm macrumors 68040

I don't think so... new iPod touch has separate buttons kind of like the iPhone 4.

8. chris975d macrumors 68000

chris975d

Looks to me like it's pointing at what appears to be a misplaced Apple logo. If that's what it is, it doesn't seem to be in the right position on either device. If it's on the device that's face up, then the logo would be oriented the wrong way (the leaf of the "Apple" is pointed at the volume buttons, not straight up like it should be). And if it's supposed to be on the back of the device laying face down, then it's still distorted in an odd fashion. Not to mention that it looks like you can see what appears to be the "Apple" logo of the face down iPod just a little above the red arrow's head.

9. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

I always assumed their images were all renders...

10. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Also, it's .05 pixels too far to the left, and has a rotation error of .0003 degrees CCW.
    I am amazed no one noticed.

11. pizz macrumors regular

hey these could be the new features on the next ipod 5g!?!?

12. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

They look too good to be true