Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
I'm not sure if anyone frequents both sites, or even just one but I notice that most of the time, what ever is on engadget makes its way to Gizmodo.

For instance, both sites have a hands on with the Canon PowerShot G11.

The frequency appears to be more then coincidence, any thoughts on this or am I just off my rocker in thinking this.

fehhkk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2009
Chicago, IL
Gizmodo has kinda lost it as of lately. Lots of ads and clutter and NSFW posts (I like to read it at work)... so I like engadget better.

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Most of the stuff on both websites is deliberately planted there by technology companies. The reason you see the article about the Canon Powershot G11 is that both sites would have received one for review from Canon, but both sites would be obliged not to publish the review until a certain date (today).

Very little of either site's ouput is original or "journalistic" in any way.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Most of the stuff on both websites is deliberately planted there by technology companies. The reason you see the article about the Canon Powershot G11 is that both sites would have received one for review from Canon, but both sites would be obliged not to publish the review until a certain date (today).

Very little of either site's ouput is original or "journalistic" in any way.

Word. So much of the media that surrounds us is manipulated.

I go to Engadget out of habit, but Gizmodo occasionally has some cool stuff. A while ago they had a couple Photoshop articles that butchered Kim Jong Il and "Technology of today in iconic photographs" that had me stitched up for a while. But professional? No, not really..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.