Engadget has a picture of the apple tablet!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gan6660, Aug 15, 2009.

1. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Looks beautiful, I hope that is it. :) But how are we gonna watch movies on it? I wish we could see the back. It looks like the bezel from the 1st gen iPod touch. I liked that black bezel the best.

2. celticpride678

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Sense of humour FAIL?

4. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I think Snow Leopard is lightweight enough to run on 'netbook internals.'

5. AngryApple macrumors 6502

6. timestoby macrumors 6502

nice. an instant on feature would be grand for when you gotta do a note instead of sitn typing one bi one lol

7. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

Judging from the screen, it will run Snow Leopard?

8. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I think it most likely will. :)

9. timestoby macrumors 6502

that would be cool if it did run full osx. would the first gen mb airs insides fit in the tablet?

10. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

That's definitely NOT the real Apple tablet. Look at the edges; it's the same design as the first iPod touch. No way would Apple go backwards in terms of design. I'm expecting some sort of edge that matches the current iPod touch, the rounded design not the black bezel and a small gap between glass and bezel.

11. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

12. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

Thank you! Someone agrees. This thing looks so ugly! The button looks horrible like that. And they would probably go with chrome. And the screen looks weird. The Curved inside corners of the bezel looks really bad with the pointy screen sides.

13. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

A centre button on a 10" device does look very awkward.

I'm going with fake, again.

14. sishaw macrumors 65816

sishaw

Fake. Photoshopped. Even the Engadget article points out that the "Welcome" graphic is copied from another source.

15. maclook macrumors 65816

if the tablet is to run snow leopard...what would the home button do? i expect a home button only if it's using the iphone os

16. Ixesin macrumors newbie

Yea... the design doesn't seem to fit Apple's current line of Mac products... assuming that it will be part of the same family of course. The main reason why it doesn't seem right to me is first of all, as someone pointed earlier, the bezel/edges is from the ipod touch 1st generation and second, it doesn't have any black on the face at all, I would assume that Apple would keep to tradition and have a black bezel around the screen like on the uMBP and iMacs.

17. jmcguckin macrumors regular

ya, I've seen some awful looking "fakes" but this one takes the cake. barring the fact that I have no use for a tablet (sorry, I'll take a pocketable iPod touch over an oversized cousin to it any day), I couldn't justify paying money for something so... oh, never mind.

[soapbox]see, this is why I hate the weeks before an Apple event- suddenly everyone starts to claim they have photos of the next Apple device, and a majority of the "possible features" and wishlists flying about the rumor mill end up making the actual product(s) and the events used to announce them seem nothing short of underwhelming. *sigh*[/soapbox]

18. sammy2066 macrumors 6502a

The home button placement is absolutely atrocious. Unless you're the HULK, you're not gonna be able to press that button during one hand operation. This could have been one of the abandoned designs.

Also, the startup Leopard movie is not feasible. This device cannot incorporate a powerful enough processor in that much space to be capable of running Leopard. It will not be an "Apple" user experience.

19. zw-gator macrumors 6502a

zw-gator

This is not it.

The finish is awful...what an ugly shade of gray too

20. kenobe23 macrumors member

I agree. Looking at this design, the placement of the home button is a flaw in my eyes. Seems like it would be inconvenient to press unless the tablet was sitting on a table.

21. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I certainly hope this is not it. It is too small.

A tablet's screen needs to be the size of Letter sized paper. Thus college students could replace their spiral binders for note taking. And many other professionals could replace those yellow pads of paper and clipboards.

If it gets much smaller than letter size paper it becomes inconvenient for long handwritten notes and diagrams. Yet too big to manipulate a multi-touch on screen keyboard without setting it on a surface.

22. bluespark macrumors 65816

Agreed -- the Engadget piece doesn't represent the world's best writing, but it at least contains multiple clues that the "this is the one" line is something less than serious. (And even if it didn't, this design is a cobbled-together mismatch of prior Apple designs. Obviously.)

23. phoobo macrumors regular

man what a dog

That mockup is the acme of bodacious fuglitude!

And they even got dust lodged in the seam.

24. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN