Engadget live from Verizon's announcement.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by InsanelyApple, Jan 10, 2011.

1. InsanelyApple macrumors 6502

InsanelyApple

Just wanted to let you guys know that Engadget has been invited to Verizon's event and are doing a live blog of what happens. So if you have free time tomorrow keep up with this blog! (Or the live video if you can find a link to a possible one, and if you do find one post it because I want to watch! =D)

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/11/live-from-verizons-iphone-event/

2. Roadking macrumors 6502

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

4. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

No that's Gizmodo. Engadget is still on Apple's good side.

Edit: Just saw your edit :D ;)

5. aohus macrumors 68000

if Apple made a 4.0 inch iPhone, i'd sell my android in a heartbeat.

6. applebook macrumors 6502a

applebook

How can you confuse Crapmodo with ENgadget?

Engadget = gets most of the exclusive hands-on previews of gear (esp. Androids), plenty of original reviews written at length, most of the breaking news.

Gizmodo = illegally buys top secret prototype, purveyor of tabloid blogging, unbounded tastelessness, noobs and idiots for bloggers, just rehashes Engadget and other blog site news.

7. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

I'm torn on that side of things.

On one hand the tech geek on me wants bigger, better, faster, cooler, drives my car for me, grabs me food, and gets my Ibuprofen when I have a headache. Apple could release the iWife.

The other side looks at the iPhone 4 and says... that really is a pretty much perfect size/screen ratio for the phone design.

Torn. In all reality I really don't care. I have my iPad if I need screen real estate.

8. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Methinks Giz is quite butthurt over not being invited to the Verizon event....they thought they were buds with Verizon. They obviously thought wrong.

One of their mornings' top stories is pretty self-evident of their newfound hate for Verizon:

http://gizmodo.com/5729273/dont-buy-the-verizon-iphone-4

What really is interesting to me is that Apple has enough influence with Verizon to dictate who they can/can't invite to a VERIZON event. That's....impressive. AFAIK, Giz has never said/done something negative towards Verizon to have warranted getting on their blacklist.

9. Pomeless macrumors regular

Actually I think that the Giz article makes a valid point. Why even the engadget article makes the same point. But I can't see how Giz wouldn't feel snubbed.

Speaking of, a word of warning: in your rush to buy a Verizon iPhone, you might be locking yourself into a contract you'll be dying to break when the iPhone 5 launches in the summer. - engadget

He's right, too. As fantastic as iPhone 4 owners think their smartphone is, it's going to feel like an iBrick 4 when the new toy comes out. That's just the way of the world in which we live, where marketing and human nature combine to create insatiable (and often irrational) desires. - PCWorld

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I can see most of your point. While I love my Droid's 4.3" screen, it often feels a bit big in the pocket. Taking it out and using it though is another story. Too bad you can't fold these badboys. :D

11. rdowns, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011

rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I have no issues taking a 4.3" device out of my pocket. Wait, what?

12. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

That's one of the reasons. The tech sites are incestuous at best. I've seen Engadget (don't follow it) but not Gizmodo. If you're not familiar (or even only slightly familiar) with them it's easy. There's a zillion tech sites out there.

Not hating. I've had the same confusion.