Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patrickdunn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
This source also tells us that the iPhone will be coming to Verizon as well and that we'll see iLife '10 tomorrow, but there won't be any MacBook updates.
- Engadget.com

I guess this will be a Tablet/Iphone Media Event. We'll have to wait for a Tuesday refresh hopefully soon.

Well thats a bigger buzz kill then Buzzkillington.

ocd-family-guys-buzz-killington-20090605014340917-000.jpg

psingh01

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2004
I don't think anyone was expecting a MacBook update and that's all the quote says. MBP is another matter.

phrint

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2006
Ohio
Wait 45 minutes and we will all know. No one knows jack at this point. We can all piss and moan and burn the house down if there is no mention of a refresh.

hundert

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2010
That sucks. Everyone but Apple offers i7 books with nice ATi graphics :(

*13 inch i7 would be a nice laptop for traveling... With SLI graphic inside :D *...

..oh, I'm sorry, I must have dreamed myself away... *yawn* it's still 9400 is it? With that crappy 2.26ghz inside? yeah? Oh yeah, still is..

Peter95

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2010
Ive Been lurking around looking for any new info on these i5/i7 MacBook pro refresh and I am so bummed to read this.
First time wanting to buy an apple laptop.
I was going to buy one last year in November since my pc was stollen but since all these rumors were going around I held it back as long as I could.
I'm in need of a new laptop since school starts next week but If the refresh doesn't happen today, I guess I'll be sticking with a pc again... =(

phrint

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2006
Ohio
Ive Been lurking around looking for any new info on these i5/i7 MacBook pro refresh and I am so bummed to read this.
First time wanting to buy an apple laptop.
I was going to buy one last year in November since my pc was stollen but since all these rumors were going around I held it back as long as I could.
I'm in need of a new laptop since school starts next week but If the refresh doesn't happen today, I guess I'll be sticking with a pc again... =(

Just because Engadget says something doesn't mean it is the truth. All these blogs and sites will post fabrications just to get traffic. That's the way it is. Let's hear it from the horses mouth here in 22 minutes.

Peter95

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2010
Just because Engadget says something doesn't mean it is the truth. All these blogs and sites will post fabrications just to get traffic. That's the way it is. Let's hear it from the horses mouth here in 22 minutes.

That is true.... I hope it does refresh with the new intel chips

patrickdunn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO

Looks like they were right. That sucked.

zipper1022

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2006
Long Island, NY/ Boston, MA
i was praying for an update on the MBPs! WTF, my 3 year old MBP is really showing signs of aging and i was planning on going to a store this weekend to buy a new one! FAIL, the buyers guide shows the MBPs 30+ days past an average refresh! WHEN WHEN WHEN!!!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Let the whining and moaning begin.

Every "media" event closes with people whining about how disappointed they are with what apple announced. For what ever reason people expected apple to also announce the MBP refresh which makes little sense since they were focusing on the ipad.

Either way, the people bemoaning how bad it was and how disappointed in apple they are.

phrint

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2006
Ohio
Let the whining and moaning begin.

Every "media" event closes with people whining about how disappointed they are with what apple announced. For what ever reason people expected apple to also announce the MBP refresh which makes little sense since they were focusing on the ipad.

Either way, the people bemoaning how bad it was and how disappointed in apple they are.

Your opinion is your opinion. The iPad doesn't float my boat like the iPhone did. For me, the most important thing in the world of Apple is the MBP refresh. No one laid out any agenda for Apple other than Apple. This site is called MacRumors so speculation is bound to happen. They need to update the notebook line soon or people will start buying Windows machines or the outdated C2D architecture.

BTW - Those people who said no MBP's today - go ahead and toot your horns :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.