engraving

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by headset, Sep 11, 2010.

1. headset macrumors member

Does anyone get their ipod engraved anymore? I always assume I would regret getting anything engraved, would make it harder to sell in the end. But I don't know, if I thought of a really good quote or something I might get it engraved. Any ideas?

2. torn macrumors newbie

I think engraving doesn't affect the shipping time so much (maybe it does, but just insignificantly). My room-mate and me ordered our Touch together, I engraved mine and he didn't. Now our devices are shipped at the same time.

3. johnnyboy360 macrumors regular

it does quite a lot actually i engraved mine ordered it on the 1st and it shipped yesterday but we rung them up and they said it got held up by the engraving.

4. applefied macrumors member

generally I wouldn't want to engrave it unless I had a good quote, like I did this time.
    "The object of all human life is play" - G.K. Chesterton

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I have never gotten any of my iPods engraved.

6. freeme007 macrumors regular

For the ipod touch 2gen, I put " Trust your heart, never give up" but after 2gen went down to the toilet, I put "Think Different" on my new ipod touch 4g. LOL

7. wootwootman macrumors member

isnt the quote "Think Differently"?

8. NZ007 macrumors newbie

I put 'This is not an iPod'
    Not particularly original, I know. But every time I think of something clever to write, I get 'this is not a love song' by PiL stuck in my head, so it's always the natural choice :) In any case, when I was ordering my iPod, I knew it would take a long time get here anyway (everything does) so I figured one or two days wouldn't be any skin off my bones ^^

9. headset thread starter macrumors member

...nope it's "think different"

I wasn't worried about the extra time to ship. I'm more worried about trying to sell the ipod eventually. No one wants to buy someone else's ipod that says "Jim's ipod" or whatever.

I'll be getting a 4g ipod though I probably wont engrave it.

10. bass93 macrumors regular

I was going to buy from Apple and engrave the Bible verse, Romans 12:12. But then I pre ordered from somewhere that was cheaper so I wasn't able to get it engraved.

11. cgoodwin22 macrumors member

i had my itouch engraved, it says: "if you stole this itouch from me you can lick my balls"

12. freeme007 macrumors regular

That quote is too long and Apple won't let you engrave it.