enhanced cd's won't read...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by qwerty2k, Sep 12, 2009.

1. qwerty2k macrumors regular

So ive bought the beales remastered boxset, trying to rip it into iTunes but my cd drive refuse to read the cd's, they never spin up, i put the cd in they make a funny noise repeatedly before the drive spits the cd back out, ive tried 2 of the cd's now and neither work...but both cd's work in my parents macbook :(,

Ive checked my drive by playing a dvd and inserting a normal music cd and it reads both fine.

please help, i want to listen to the beatles remasters.

2. ryans79 macrumors regular

"Enhanced" usually means DRM crap...
    And DRM never really hurts the pirates but the people who actually buy the CDs.
    Silly but when will the labels realize this pushes people to go more towards thepiratebay than buy again from them?
    I for one refuse to ever buy a CD again from any of the majors, or itunes for that fact unless its from indie labels/artists.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

I wonder what's on the disk - maybe if you put it in the other MacBook and look at the info you might find something and be able to copy it to hard disk then copy to your computer.

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

It's either your computer or just the set of discs you got - it's definitely not a problem with the enhanced discs themselves. I got the Beatles remastered set today, when I insert a disc it comes up with two disc icons on the desktop - the first is for the 'enhanced' portion of the discs, and opens the special video, while the second is all the tracks. iTunes also prompts me to import it without problems... there's no reason why yours should be playing up :( If I were you I'd try it in another computer first - if they work then it's something up with that one particular computer, if it still doesn't work then it's likely bad copies of your discs.

5. ryans79 macrumors regular