Enhanced YouTube experience

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Wildy, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Wildy macrumors 6502

Just dropped by to say that you folks still running PPC Macs should check out YouTube's Feather beta: https://www.youtube.com/feather_beta. Opting in gives you a really minimal but hopefully faster experience.

You lose the comments section etc., but to be honest I'd view that as a bonus.

2. harrymatic macrumors 6502

This, combined with the Clicktoplugin HTML5 flash replacer running in Leopard-Webkit provides a really nice YouTube experience. Videos play at their full framerate and load really quickly.

3. gavinstubbs09 macrumors 65816

gavinstubbs09

I was surprised this worked in TenFourFox, HTML5 + the Feather Beta works well, however only some videos work with it. Ironic that a iPad commercial works on a G5!

Attached Files:

4. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

It's nice to see that Google have finally realised their God-awful video player has become so bloated it's almost unusable even on modern hardware.

Little too late though unfortunately - doesn't make any noticeable difference whatsoever on my eMac (though I guess that's going behind the call of duty). Nice to see it's making life easier for G5/higher-end G4 owners though.