Enigmo (more) on sale $1.99

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by turtlebud, Oct 7, 2008.

1. turtlebud macrumors 6502a

Man, I kept wavering and pulled the trigger at $4.99 because I was afraid the price was going to go back up to $9.99 Guess I was wrong. The price dropped to $1.99 when I checked today. I'm guess NOW it's as low as it's going to go.

2. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Thanks for the heads up. That looks like a steal at $1.99. I was sorta in the same boat as you except on Cro-Mag Rally. I got it at $5 or $6, but then it fell to $1.99. I think a lot of developers are finding out that the sales of apps extremely increases when you get below $5.

It takes a lot of pre-sale confidence to plop down more than that on an app. I did that for Scrabble (awesome) weeks ago and X-Plane last night. I used to like flight sims back in the day on my PCs, but I haven't touched them in a long time. X-Plane looks decent, but I think I'll have to do some reading to figure it all out. Not to get too off track, but I haven't seen a flying game of any sort to top "Top Gun: Fire at Will." If just the flying aspects of that game could be replicated, it would be awesome.

3. aluren macrumors 65816

looks like app prices are going down just like the stock market! lol... thanks for posting this. i was also thinking about getting it when it was 4.99, but decided against it. just bought it now at 1.99! ;)

4. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

5. pagansoul macrumors 65816

pagansoul

Just got it for $2. I would not pay more than $5 for any iphone game. Just recently got 2 with greatly discounted prices. Now that I have Crash, Galon , Top 3 Solitaire and Enigmo I should be done. Yeah, right.

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Why?

I bought 'Koi Pond" for $1 and have probably used it for a total of 30 minutes.

I bought 'Galcon' for $10 and have played it about 40-50 hours thus far.

Which do you think is the better deal?

7. cswarthout macrumors newbie

Agreed. I think a lot of the sub-$5 apps are just junk to be honest. I mean, why not just have them be free if they're just a $1 app?

8. firewood macrumors 604

Because a few of the $1 apps have made their developers a ton of money.

9. ficbot macrumors newbie

I have lots of great 0.99 apps:

Firewords
    Imangi
    Lists
    Spend
    Soleban

Tons of use just on these. A good 0.99 app is a great way to treat myself without breaking the bank :)

That said, I sprung for Enigmo when it dropped price, after reading so many raves about it. And I am very disappointed. Maybe I am just not that kind of thinker. I just don't get it. I can't get past level 2. What a waste of 1.99 for me! I am glad I did not spend more.

10. pagansoul macrumors 65816

pagansoul

Only because I'm not into games and rather use my iphones power on video and music instead. You can have a great game for $10 but if you don't use it, why bother. I can toss a buck or two but that's it. I like Galcon also but didn't pay $10 for it. There was a half off sale a few weeks ago. Again, gamers have and do pay large amounts on good games but I'm not a gamer.