Enigmo or Band

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by iSkier, Jul 21, 2008.

1. iSkier macrumors regular

I am thinking about buying one of these, and I'm not sure which one to get. Please help!

2. iSkier thread starter macrumors regular

3. amysig macrumors member

I purchased Band right away and now I sort of regret the purchase. It is fun for a few minutes here and there but the sound thru the phone speakers is low to inaudible on my first gen iPhone.

I'm not musically inclined so it is hard for me to play anything close to real tunes. I'm looking for a web site that gives "chords" or step by step help on how to play songs. For example, in the WWDC demo when they played "Imagine" on the piano and "Money" on the bass.

Anyone have a resource like that?

Not sure what you are into but a nice puzzle game like Enigmo would probably give you more mileage.

A bit off topic but I can recommend Dizzy Bee...very fun, cute and well done. And just $2.99.

4. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

I bought Inigmo ans the drum set app. Drums were I think 3 bucks. I've banged around on them for a few, but it's rather useless, especially because I have no musical talent, so band would have been a more costly version of the same thing: me with no talent.

I suppose if you're musically talented, Band might be fun for a time, though I'd image pretty limited. Inigmo is fantastic. I've been plugging through the levels. During breaks or whatnot I'll hammer out a level or two. I think I'm at 27 or so.

I'm not sure if there will be replay value once I finish, but it's sure been fun so far. That help?

5. MooCowMusic macrumors newbie

I'm clearly unable to answer your question, but...

Regarding the comment about the quiet audio in Band: you simply need to turn up the volume :) . You do this via a volume control within the app in the Instrument Setup screen, or with the iPhone hardware buttons.

6. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

The only one out of those 2 I bought was Band, my only real gripe is I kinda wish Pianist was incorporated into Band rather than a separate app. I would have to agree with the speaker volume thing although I've complained about the sucky speaker phone since day one of iphone ownership.

7. iSkier thread starter macrumors regular

Alright, I went ahead and bought Enigmo. It's great!!

But I still want band, it just seems great!!

Let me know if it is worth it

8. iSkier thread starter macrumors regular

Band. Is it worth it at all?

Maybe updates in the future?

9. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

They are both very great and functional applications. I bought them both and I am glad I did so. :)
    Trust me, they are worth the combined $20.