Enjoying 3D touch so far. What else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by npolly0212, Oct 4, 2015.

1. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

Hey all, loving the 3D touch features on the 6s+, and this is my first iPhone in years. I have only messed with the well known features of using it in mail to check stuff and create texts from the home screen and what not.
    Just wondering what else it can do for me?

I have noticed in safari there are times I try not to change pages and I swipe my finger a tiny and it'll change pages on me, but when I try to do it and get it to change pages it doesn't do a thing for me?

2. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

I just discovered today that when selecting text, you can press harder and drag to select additional words without having to use the little handles on the sides of the selection. That was a nice accidental discovery.

Personally, I thought 3D Touch was a big deal when I saw it previewed, but after using it, I often forget it is there. I wish it was used more, and I don't mean just on the home screen, but in apps. But I don't see it happening for a while because so many devices don't have it.

3. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

I have seen this but haven't been able to successfully accomplish it...
    As for the 3D Touch I love it but I truly haven't used it all that much other than in safari mail and messaging

4. Sekelani macrumors 6502

Sekelani

I'm loving 3D Touch and what it will be in the near future. It's a cool feature. I use it daily.

5. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah crazy to think what it will be capable of doing in a year or 2

6. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

love live photos..feel it's a great feature that i use daily.

the way you can use the keyboard as a mouse is awesome when you are trying to retype a word.

7. jhtrico1850 macrumors regular

I only use it to show off to people. I don't mind it, but my favorite feature so far is the camera and the performance :)

8. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah I'm a fan of the photos. Love the Live Photos and slow mo video

9. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

Having used it before when HTC had it I got tired of it after a while but now that I can view the images on my Air 2 as well it does make a difference.

10. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

eYeah thats the perks of having iPads and whatnot around too!

11. nathanalf macrumors regular

nathanalf

Just found this out:

If you type a number into the dialer, and 3D Touch the call button you're displayed with different options (call, FaceTime audio, FaceTime video)

12. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

Damn, 3D Touch seems like such an useful feature potentially. Too bad I can't afford an iPhone. :(

13. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

Will have to do this sometime. Feel like there are so many hidden features with it

It's great but not a life changer

14. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Love Live. :p

OK. I believe they are just together like that.

15. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

I cannot tolerate that crappy feeling when activated. And if I have an iPhone 6s Plus this means such feeling will stay with me more than 3 years! Oh no.

Despite that, functionality and potential is great. But this is not the time to see its full capability.

16. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

This is the infancy for 3d touch. Amazing potential, but it is going to take awhile for developers(including apple) to implement it to its full potential.

17. Kapybarus macrumors member

Is any way to enable playlists from 3d touch on applemusic? There are only beats and search now

18. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

No. The 3D Touch features for the music app are limited at present. Hopefully more to come soon.

19. Josh125 macrumors 6502

Josh125

Give it a few months for devs to start to take full advantage of it. As of now, it's useful but I anticipate it being much more so soon.

20. Kapybarus macrumors member

Not very sophisticated, but at least something. Open url of playlist via workflowapp. Still have to click on play button. With apple music it even starts right away after click. [​IMG]

21. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'm apparently using it to preview web links in Safari all the time now.

I didn't realize that until I stared getting frustrated in Facebook when it didn't work. That's when I knew I was hooked. Can't wait for more apps to put it to good use.

22. Janinho10 macrumors newbie

Facebook just got updated with 3d touch

23. ostrykolesz macrumors member

I find being able to say "Hey Siri" with out the phone plugged in to get information a great new feature...

24. Havok83 macrumors regular

I personally dont find it as revolutionary as people were making it out to be. Most times, I forget its even there

25. redman042 macrumors 68020

Try the keyboard touchpad. Though view a couple tutorials on Youtube first just to make sure you know how to vary pressure in the right way.

That to me is the best use of 3D Touch.

Though my kid thinks the best one is pressure-sensitive drawing in Notepad.