Enjoying my "new" 2010 Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by weezin, Jan 17, 2014.

1. weezin macrumors member

I purchased a used 2010 Macbook a week or so ago on a whim (it was cheap and in fantastic condition).

I have to say...what a great little laptop! I'm really enjoying it so far. For some reason, I love the plastic unibody build of it (which I know many people don't). There's something about it that feels very accessible. The industrial design is also fantastic... "unapologetically plastic".

I have owned a 2011 13" Air since 2011 and have to say that this Macbook is every bit as quick for standard tasks (web browsing, etc). I was quite surprised and impressed. With an outdated CPU (C2D), regular HDD and 4 gigs of ram, it is holding its own quite well.

Anyway, I know that these plastic macbooks sometimes get a bad rap, but for what it's worth, I am really enjoying mine!

2. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

Congrats. Those were a def step up from the iBook design. Don't let it fall on its corner and you should get years of use out of it. Most of my macs are 2010 variety, they respond great to SSD upgrades!

3. Zotaccian macrumors 6502a

Zotaccian

Aren't those bit more durable than earlier models, I mean closing the lid will not slowly hack off some strips of plastic?

4. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

@Zotaccian I believe you're talking about the older MacBook models the 2006-2009 versions. The 2010 MacBook was polycarbonate and was made of 1 piece of plastic (according to what Apple says).