Enjoying the wait?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Raggamuffin, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Raggamuffin macrumors newbie

I'm not trying to downplay the fact that I would love to already have my watch, but I am truly enjoying the excitement and "apple watch fever" that comes before attaining one.

Viewing amature YouTube reviews, drop tests, scouring forums, tracking airplanes and being on the fence about what model I want has really been a blast.

For those who already received one, has the "buzz" worn off already, or has the excitement of ownership taken your emotions to a new level?

2. pmau macrumors 65816

Here's what I don't get.

My order amounts to $900 (approx.) and Apple fills endless orders of sport models. Why? The hardware is the same. There are countless people waiting because of leather bands or link bracelets that aren't that exciting after all.

The excitement has completely worn of. The software seems to be limited, and I cannot see that this generation will see major improvements.

Honestly, I just looked up a Moto 360 with a steel band on Amazon.
    If I order now, it will be here on Tuesday.

The workout staff is not interesting, I can get notifications on Android.
    Maybe Android wear will be good enough for me.

I could even integrate Android Wear in my App, because I'm an iOS developer.
    I don't have to wait for Android wear on the App Store.

This way I would only have to wait until Tuesday to have basically the same functionality minus all the Hype.

I'm really thinking about that.

3. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

Android Wear. Lol.

4. iTom17 macrumors 6502a

iTom17

For me it's mostly that I'm getting even more excited in the Apple Watch. Once I get to order one (Dutchie over here), I'll be happy. :p

Of course it sucks to have to wait long, but well... There is no solution for this, so I just got to have some patience. Luckily, I have plenty to do until I can order one and until I actually receive one. Like stuff for school (a few tests and two actual exams). And after all, it will definitely be worth the wait! :)

5. southflguy macrumors regular

I've always enjoyed the lead up to the release date. But this one feels different - because of all the production/shipping issues my excitement is, unfortunately, fading a bit. Part of the fun is to get it on launch day. And I know it makes no logical sense, because I order products all the time that take a long time to be received. But I guess I always expect more of Apple. I've gotten every iPhone and iPad on launch date either online or in-store.

6. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

The excitement is beginning to wear off for me. I have about $2000 worth of watches on the wait list.
    As I relentlessly look to see if there is any shipping date movement, the cancel button seems to be getting bigger and bigger.

7. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

You need to take a deep breathe. :confused:

I ordered on the 10th only a few hours after it began, and have a June date with no sign of sooner.

Listen, the excitement has not worn off, you're just complaining to vent frustration. You're not going to buy a 360, you're just looking for a reason to stand out among everyone else patiently waiting... There is a reason why you are here.

And even if you buy a 360, why would you now? It's been out for a long time now, you've waited quite a bit. And why would you use that as a comparable reference to the order of the  Watch? It's been out for a long time and has minuscule demand.

I understand being frustrated, I am too. But you need to relax, go do what you do, and be happy when it arrives on your doorstep.

8. Bo31210 macrumors member

Bye. The door is down the hall

9. mr.anthonyramos macrumors regular

mr.anthonyramos

Well said, exactly how I would put it.

10. pmau macrumors 65816

What does that mean? Please be a little more elaborate.

I have bought all iPhones and most iPads, but I'm able to look into other technology. Apple is great, I will use iPhones and iPads in the future, but
    Google can reach way more products using their technologies.

I'm well aware that most Android Wear devices are limited, but you can get them for a fraction of the price and they are available.

My motivation to spend $900 on a product that is not that superior is limited.
    That's all I'm saying.

I can always buy the next generation, because I'm not bound to defend all Apple products. As others have already said here and in reviews, it's a great device but it's not really that exciting.

I'll happily buy the next iPhone, though.

----------

Thanks. Sometimes it's hard to find your way through the crowd here.

11. matt550 macrumors 6502

I'm not enjoying the wait. This launch could have been handled better. I know my shipping window is 4-6 weeks, May 13-27th. Yes I saw that when my order was placed 4 minutes after preorder started. 42 mm space gray.

I don't have to like it, but not much I can do about it but wait...

12. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Now that my watch is actually shipping (will be here tomorrow), the excitement has returned. If I'm able to sleep tonight, it will be a miracle!

13. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I'm a tad surprised Apple isn't getting these out faster than they seem to be going. But I was already dug in for the wait. Silly long wait having ordered just minutes after the opening. Apple can pump out 500K iPhones in a day so the AW production facilities must be tiny and only able to make 50K a day based on one production line.

Not interested in any other model than the one I ordered so won't be trying for one of the apparently more available (for good reason) kiddie colors just to have one. From what I've read about the launch models here just assume to wait and maybe a firmware update will be released by the time mine ships.

14. melman101 macrumors 68030

I love the posts that say, because I have to wait, I'm gonna cancel. How does that make sense? You wanted the Apple Watch. Now all of sudden, you gotta wait a few weeks because of delays, you don't want it.

Whatever, to each his own :).

----

I'm definitely not enjoying this long wait either. I'm in the May 13th - 27th category. I've been waiting since March (the Tim Cook event). So it's been a real long time so far.

15. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Having to wait is good and bad. Of course the bad is having to wait. The good is having others review the watch providing a practical evaluation of the watch, in this case. Spending nearly $2000 on a product that is really unseen or tested in the hands of the consumer is risky.
    If I had the watch in hand I probably wouldn't think about returning it.
    Not having the watch in hand and having to wait, that tied up money could be used for something else.

16. Medicman67 macrumors regular

I have the May 13-27 window. Nope didn't stay up or get up early to order. I ordered it before I went to work. It was exciting reading all the forms right before launch, people tracking plans, theories of delays, " hey you ordered after me and your getting your watch". I am still excited somewhat but with all the problems I'm reading about (notifications sometime working, watches with scratches and dents straight out the box, battery problems etc) I'm taking this extra time too read the posts and reviews of actual users and deciding if I'll cancel before it ships. Guess it depends if Apple comes out and says they are going to fix the ones that can be fixed with a software update. I shall see.

17. Esexx macrumors 6502

Esexx

I havent reveived either of the 2 AW (grey Sport and black SS) I ordered a few minutes after pre-orders started and I am actually loosing interest fast.

I might keep the cheaper Sport and sell the black SS and save the extra $ for
    v2, or just sell both watches.

I am suprised that I am actually not nearly as interested in the AW as when I saw the first teaser.

18. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

Nope. I'm totally loosing momentum. Just want my watch to arrive soon, so I can stop being in this section of the forum :D

19. Esoom macrumors 6502

Esoom

All the guys in our IT dept bought them, not a single one was wearing them a month later.

20. inkyoto macrumors regular

inkyoto

It's alright. I was pretty disappointed on Thursday and Friday but yesterday was just whatever, it'll come.

Trying to make myself less excited because—it's just a watch. Functionality is limited and all, and it's going to be a while until it becomes useful. So trying to set the right expectations there.

21. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

The thing I don't understand about people buying things outside the Apple ecosystem is it's just so much easier to stay in the walled garden. It's the main reason I use Apple Mail and Apple Maps. These are "hardwired" into the phone or watch so when I ask Siri for something, it just works. It's way too hard to use Google Maps or try to use Amazon prime for watching content, etc.

There are things I wish Apple would do differently, but when you're so invested in their system, it's easier to stay there.

22. Esoom macrumors 6502

Esoom

They guys in IT (that bought a 360) all had/have Android phones, they told me they were too big and not that useful.

I bought a couple and resold them rather quickly (am a platform jumper, use a Note 4 and iPhone), battery life was terrible, supposed to be better now with some software updates, but I really didn't like the watch, too tinkery.

23. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

The only reason I'm ok with the wait is that no one has gotten the Link Bracelet watches yet so it's almost as if it's another mini launch!

24. bushido Suspended

bushido

I didnt even want one but all the hype got the best of me so i ended up ordering three waiting to see which is gonna ship first

25. wingsabr macrumors 6502

wingsabr