enlarge everything

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by extanker59, May 15, 2011.

1. extanker59 macrumors newbie

OK. I finally accept it. My eyes are not what they once were. I need larger fonts and icons.
    I changed my screen resolution to 1920x1080. In changed the Safari font to Times 20.

Barely acceptable.

What else can I do? Why can't I leave my iMac at 2560x1440 but have everything larger? Does higher resolution have to mean smaller?

2. fungus macrumors regular

fungus

3. extanker59 thread starter macrumors newbie

That helps me zoom. But I was hoping for a way to set everything larger once. I hate to say it (and I hope I'm wrong) but maybe, in this ONE way, windows is better? You seem to have many more options including increasing the desktop icon size.

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

It's one of the biggest faults with OSX. I think I've read that Apple is addressing it in the next upgrade. But, I might be thinking of one of the other "big ones".

5. Pomeroy macrumors 6502

Pomeroy

If you are talking about the icons in the "Icon View' in Finder use the slider at the bottom right of Finder, if the font under the icon is still too small Right click on a blank space between the icons and select "Show View Options" and change the text size. If you are talking about the icon you have out on the desktop again click on a blank spot and select "Show View Options" and set the icon size and text. If you are talking about the Dock icons just use the Separator Bar on the right side of the dock. To change how the text size to files listed in Finders other views just right click a file and again select "Show View Options".

6. extanker59 thread starter macrumors newbie

That helped a bit. How about the font in Safari? Specifically the font in the bookmarks bar?

7. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

8. The-Pro macrumors 65816

Like Satori said, use Tinkertool.

Its awesome. Under the Fonts section you can change the system text size and everything. that should solve your problems

9. extanker59 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys. I'll try Tinkertool tonight (or tomorrow if I fall asleep like I feel like right now).