Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tikitommy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
Is it possible to increase the size of the sidebar menu icons and text. I was looking at my sister Tiger layout and those icons were way bigger. On my macbook they are microscopic.

Is it my macbook resolution or is it leopard making it small?

Thanks for your help in advance. Forum search turned up nothing.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Is your default Finder window size too small? If all of the sidebar icons won't fit at the standard resolution (32x32?), it will auto-shrink them to fit.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Is your default Finder window size too small? If all of the sidebar icons won't fit at the standard resolution (32x32?), it will auto-shrink them to fit.
It will? When I add more icons I just get a scroll bar on the right side ...the icons never change size.

As far as I know, there's no way to change their size - it's just the new design of Leopard.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
It will? When I add more icons I just get a scroll bar on the right side ...the icons never change size.

Sorry...I scanned the OP too quickly. They'll auto-shrink in Tiger, but apparently Leopard is rather different...I'm stuck in the past. :eek:

tikitommy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
grrr. this is my first mac os since system 7 (or whatever was running on my centris 610).

Thanks for the replies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.