Enlighten me on this please (no sarcasm)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jamaica14, Sep 17, 2008.

1. jamaica14 macrumors member

This is all happening on second ten iPod touch second gen
    I was using safari listening to music then (I) just x'ed out both of them and then pressed the sleep button and a couple seconds later I tried to turn it back on but the screen wouldn't turn back on and the battery was just about fully charged so then I plugged in the charger but ntn else so I held the sleep/hold Button and the hold button so it would restart and noweverything is appearing to be normal so I'm just wondernig if this is normal or if ts happened to anyone I'm really getting annoyed with this stuff going wrong so yeah feel free to enlighten me

Just by the way the I is In parenthesis to point out that I myself x'ed out of the two applications and I might as well throw this in there my backspace continuasly keeps sticking and like always deletes everything I write

2. efp722 macrumors regular

3. jamaica14 thread starter macrumors member

Well if your asking what I mean is. then I'm try to explain by saying that I waslistening to music and using safari and then I myself closed the two applications and then pressed the sleep button tryed to turn it back on but the screen just stayed black so iwanted to see ifithadanything to do with the battery so I plugged the charger and I heard the little beep noise that it makesbut the screen didn't come back on so I had to hold down the sleep/hold button and the home button to reset the actual iPod so that the screen would turn back on and now everything seems to be okso I am askin what exactly it was that happened and if it's a normal thing or if my iPod is just defective

4. rmb7984 macrumors regular

rmb7984

My iPhone, on occasion, will do what (I think) you are describing. Not to worry. And, as a helpful hint, punctuation would make it easier for you to convey the content of your post to others.

5. jamaica14 thread starter macrumors member

he real sorry about all the mispelling and lack if proper punctuation but I'm still getting used to the keyboard on the iPod so forgive me.

So your saying that there's nothing really wrong with the iPod then?

6. rmb7984 macrumors regular

rmb7984

If you continue to have the problem, then you may want to restore the iPod through iTunes, but otherwise I wouldn't worry.

7. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

Your touch crashed. It's happened to mine on a couple of occasions. Holding the home and sleep buttons just does a reset as you found out.

A full restart (hold sleep button until red slider, then slide) would help completely clear the problem. If it continually happens then a restore would be the next step (as already suggested). If the problem continues on a regular basis after the restore then I would suggest returning it for a replacement.