Enough is enough! UPDATE 1.1.1 SUCKS BALLS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JoeJITSU, Nov 7, 2007.

1. JoeJITSU macrumors member

This is my third iphone. Still keeps freezing. Get the next update up...PLEASE!

2. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

If 1.1.1 could indeed suck balls, there would be a lot of happy nerds around these forums. Seriously, it looks like 99% of people aren't having problems with 1.1.1

3. JoeJITSU thread starter macrumors member

compare it to 1.0.2 and it will get blown out of the water. No lags or freezes.I would trade my 1.1.1 volume and iTunes store anyway for no lags or freeze ups

4. ghostshadow777 macrumors member

ghostshadow777

Lol, you so dirrty. I am happy with 1.1.1, double click home button is great.

5. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I must say i too am happy with the 1.1.1 update. I am looking forward to hopefully getthing that 1.1.2 update on friday, but i am having no problems with my iPhone and its present firmware.

6. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I am entirely pleased with 1.1.1. The installer.app that was developed in response of this update is a fast, more sleek interface. Additionally, the tiff exploit is a wonderful thing for haching simplicity.

Fundamentally, prior to hacking I ws thoroughly pleased with the double-tap home button. WiFi iTunes Store...I hid it using customize, never to be accessed again.

7. RL600 macrumors member

i was just reading obituaries, safari crashed.
    open it back up, crashed.
    aaand then another time.

then my buddy sent me a link to nick hogan being arrested,
    opened it. crashed.
    and then once more.

UPDATE!

8. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

9. pooryou macrumors 65816

No such problems here. Something must be wrong on your end?

10. iMouse macrumors regular

1.0.2 more stable than 1.1.1

There are a lot of things that don't work properly in 1.1.1 that worked fine in 1.0.2. While I'm not experiencing the crashes that some people are with 1.1.1, there are several bugs that are more than annoying that Apple needs to fix.

1. When entering a password with a capital letter in any password field, it does not turn off the shift key after you press the letter, but the icon for shift is not lit. The user has to press 'shift'--->'letter'--->'shift' to get a password with an upper-case letter as the first character and a lower-case as the second letter to work.

2. Connecting to WPA networks with manual IP address information requires you to tap to connect to the network, let it fail, click on the arrow to display the IP info, go back to the available wireless networks, tap the WPA network to connect.

3. iPod functionality sometimes is displayed as playing in the menubar on the springboard even when the music has been stopped. Reboot seems to clear it up.

4. Sometimes the volume button on the side of the phone becomes out of sync with the slider on the iPod section of the iPhone if the phone's volume has been turned up and down during calls. The volume control on the phone/ringer is all the way up, but the volume is only at about 25% where the iPod was previously set to. This appears to be a rare occasion more than anything, but has happened twice to me already on 1.1.1.

None of these issues were present in 1.0.2. While 1.0.2 was not perfect, it wasn't buggy in common areas that some people use a lot.