Enrolling in Dev Program without credit card?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by ranguvar, May 17, 2010.

1. ranguvar macrumors 6502

Hi,

I've completed my application and would now like to distribute it on the App Store. So far, I've only been a registered developer, so now I need to enroll.

However, I don't have a credit card, and my bank won't give me one. I saw that on iTunes, you can pay with Click & Buy. I have Click & Buy, can I enroll with that account?

As a last option, my mother is willing to give me her credit card information. But can I distribute my app on the App Store under my own name, not my mother's name?

Thanks for any help!

-- ranguvar

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Extremely doubtful.

Not if you use you're mother's credit card. The information on the developer's account must match the information on the credit card.

I'm curious. How old are you?

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Down to the letter! I signed up as "Robbie" but my credit card is in my more official name of "Robert". Sign-up could not be completed without a few emails to get the two names to be the same...

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Maybe that's why my mother insisted that people call me Robert and not use variations like Bob, Rob, etc. :D

- A Fellow Robert

5. ranguvar thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm 24. I'm a student so my bank won't give me a credit card (nor a debit card, etc.) because I don't have any income.

The bigger problem might be that I'm from Europe. I heard that banks give out credit cards much more easily in the US. How else can 13 year olds have apps on the App Store?

6. firewood macrumors 604

Do the banks offer secured credit cards (secured by a big enough deposit) in your country?

7. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Legally, they can't. You need to be 18 to be enrolled in the iPhone Developer Program. Usually, these kids sign-up under a parent, with the parent's name appearing in the App Store, and the parent taking on the extra tax burden, liability, etc. Somehow, I suspect many of these parents are unaware of what they've truly gotten themselves into.

8. ranguvar thread starter macrumors 6502

Gonna check that tomorrow with my bank.

9. EthanHunt macrumors newbie

Iphone Developer program

Hi guys,

I have been in the procedure for enrolling as an iphone developer , i have got credit card , but i have a doubt regarding bank account the money collected by the apps will be coming to which account how the transaction goes..? whether it goes to credit card linked account or can we seperated account for getting the money from apple .. am just new to banking so please sorry if said something foolishness

Thanks in advance
    Hunt

10. ~~Hello~~ macrumors 6502

You get a credit and a debit card if you have a student account. Well in the UK anyway.

11. firewood macrumors 604

iTunes can pay into a completely different bank (possibly in a different country) than the bank that issued the credit card used for developer enrollment. Or the same one AFAIK.

12. ranguvar thread starter macrumors 6502

Not where I come from. Or I'm just looking very suspicious :eek:

13. NickVellios macrumors member

Debit cards have Visa/Mastercard logos on them 99% of the time.

Either way, I didn't need to give a credit card when I signed up. It asked for my bank account and routing number, not credit card number.