Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

david527

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2012
Hi, I have a fairly new Macbook Pro - everything work apart from a few keys. Suddenly my enter/return, zero and command keys stopped working. It happened very suddenly, which makes me think that it has to do with some setting and not dust etc.. I checked and all other keys work just as usually do, it's just the three keys that stopped moving. I cannot figure out why or how to fix it. I hope that someone is familar with the problem. Thank you in advance. David

----------

Bwt, I'm not using a wireless or connected keyboard, but the built-in one.

seveej

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2009
Helsinki, Finland
Hi, I have a fairly new Macbook Pro - everything work apart from a few keys. Suddenly my enter/return, zero and command keys stopped working. It happened very suddenly, which makes me think that it has to do with some setting and not dust etc.. I checked and all other keys work just as usually do, it's just the three keys that stopped moving. I cannot figure out why or how to fix it. I hope that someone is familar with the problem. Thank you in advance. David

----------

Bwt, I'm not using a wireless or connected keyboard, but the built-in one.

Do the usual routine:
Reboot... Test
Reboot, zap PRAM ... Test
If you're under warranty, call Apple.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.