Enter fullscreen animation?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by juantoothree4, May 19, 2015.

1. juantoothree4 macrumors member

Mar 27, 2014

I've tried google, but I wanna try posting this as all I've searched for are mostly 3 years old. So is there a FIX for this animation delay entering fullscreen yet?

I have been using firefox on my maverick OS ever since because when I first started using my MBP, I noticed the delay animation when you enter fullscreen in Youtube using Safari and Chrome. I used to be a Chrome user, but I switched to Firefox just because of this annoying animation.

Until now, after 1 year, my firefox is oddly doing the same animation thing as well for my Youtube vids. I am extremely annoyed, as this animation is really slow and useless.

I am trying to figure out what caused this behaviour all of a sudden. I haven't updated my OS, but I have updated the Adobe Flash thing just recently. Java I have been skipping. Could it be because of the Flash update? If so, would it be possible to revert back to an older version of Flash? I really don't want this stupid animation thing.

Or if there is a way I can disable this now, please let me know, and help me pls!!

2. cookies! macrumors 6502

Jul 3, 2011
    It's annoying, but I haven't found a fix to it. I've chalked it up to bad GPU support on Apple's OSs.
  3. liebezeit macrumors newbie

Jun 18, 2013
    YouTube stopped using Flash and now uses native HTML5 video. This tech in turn uses native OS X full screen functionality. Seems like this is another instance of OS X forcing you to watch slow animations, kind of a throwback to earlier versions of OS X. All the browsers use the same OS-level tech I believe.