Enter key broken

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by m1ss1ontomars, Feb 10, 2008.

1. m1ss1ontomars macrumors 6502

So the other day, I spilled water on my MacBook Core Duo. I have a keyboard cover thingy though, so minimal water got into the computer. However, the enter/return key no longer works, which I think is because of some kind of water damage. Luckily, I still have this other enter key that I previously though useless but actually isn't.

However, I also use my enter/return key a lot (Adium, pressing enter instead of clicking OK, etc.). So I was wondering if anyone had experience with the durability of MacBook keyboards. If possible, I'll attempt to repair my current keyboard instead of buying another one, which on eBay starts at around $40-50US.

2. doctordenim macrumors newbie

Me too

Very similar thing happened to me, and my enter key is the only one that doesn't work. Do you know how you're gonna fix yours?

3. prodigee macrumors 6502a

I am pretty sure he gave an idea of how he wants to fix it, but he isn't sure if it will work, hence why he made the thread...

Back on topic, OP I would replace the keyboard, I would also advise making sure the water didnt get anywhere else, and if it did cleaning the area with some 90% rubbing alcohol.

Oh and just to let you know, you posted this in the MBP forum not the MacBook forum, but thats really not that much of a deal;)

4. m1ss1ontomars thread starter macrumors 6502

I swear it wasn't this forum before. At any rate it proved very simple to simply replace the keyboard. I've been effectively using this new keyboard for the past few years now.