Enter key on MBP 13" is loose

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by notclosetofour, Jul 27, 2011.

1. notclosetofour macrumors member

So I have had my new MBP 13" for about a month and it has been great. The only thing that is bothering me is that the enter key is pretty loose and is an annoyance when typing it. I didn't really notice this problem when i got my computer because it was probably very minimal, but over time it has gotten looser to the point where I want it fixed (I did pay like $1400 for it). I have taken the key off to see if anything was broken and not connected properly, but the key is it perfect shape and I connected everything when I put it back in and it is still very loose.

If I take my Mac to an Apple Store/Genius Bar, will they repair my keyboard for me no problem? They would probably have to replace the whole keyboard I would assume since it is not just an easy reconnect fix. Or will they just blow me off and tell me to deal with it?

2. Resist macrumors 68030

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsNaoCrKkgI

For it to be that lose, something under there must be broken or not clicked in correctly.

The only to know for sure if an Apple store can help you, is for you to take it to them. We can't say for sure what they will do, because they have to look at it first. But if it's still under warranty, then it's covered.

3. notclosetofour thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, it's still under warranty. I only had it for a month. I really hope they fix it for me.

4. Resist macrumors 68030

Unless you caused the issue, they will fix it under the warranty.