Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tadziak

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2011
Hi,
I have a Macbook Pro 15' (unibody, Mid 2010). After case replacement I'm encountering Enter key rattling/vibrating noise whenever I watch most of videos with speech (tv series, movies, youtube). It's perfectly okay with Itunes and music, but when its really horrible to watch anything with that buzzing/metalic noise in the Enter key/right speaker area.

It seems that it's caused by subwoofer affecting the keyboard/enter key because it happens even when I move the sound balance all the way to the left. Whenever I slightly hold or even touch the enter key the annoying rattling is gone. It's enough even when I put a piece of paper under the enter key, but its not what I really expect from a machine that expensive...

Can anybody help me fixing it? Apple services are completely ignoring that and say that its normal.

I would be very very grateful for some help...

walterwhite

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2011
South Central PA
it may be fixed with a key replacement. Most Genius Bars have key sets in the back to make a quick swap of a broken or missing key... are you near a store?

tadziak

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2011
I'm from Europe - we don't have Genius Bars - just service providers and Apple Stores ;)

Can replacing one key really make a difference? If they would even replace it - its just plastic part, I dont think it may really be faulty. If anything is something under it, the spring or mechanism loose...

KyleGP

macrumors member
May 3, 2011
I have EXACTLY the same problem with the return key. If I hold my finger on it, the rattling is going. Is this just the way it's designed?

freakanzy

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2011
I have the same problem on my new Macbook Air. It happens mostly during song playback mostly. So is this normal or not? ... We don't have genius bars here so I'd have to take it in under warranty repair and wait a few days so I'd like to know if this is a design flaw present on all macs or is it repairable?
It's really annoying, because it really destroys the sound and unless I hold a finger on it there's not much else I can do about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.