Enter Passcode Prompt EVERY time?!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by marcusstarnes, Aug 24, 2010.

1. marcusstarnes macrumors newbie

I am running IOS 4.0.1 on an iPhone 4 and have only noticed today that EVERY time I wake the phone, I have to enter my passcode.

I have the AutoLock setting set to 5 minutes and previously I thought that if for example I use the sleep button on the top of my phone, but then immediately wake the phone and 'slide to unlock' - if that 5 minute window hasn't passed, I don't have to put the passcode back in, and it goes straight to the springboard. However, now it seems regardless of the AutoLock 'x minutes' duration, whether it goes to sleep by itself or if I manually sleep the phone then wake it straight away, I always have to enter the code.

I do have it connected to an Exchange 2007 account (of which I'm admin of so if it's something to do with the settings in there then that's something I could change). It's weird though as my girlfriend has an identical phone/os etc, and is also connected to our exchange server but she doesnt have this passcode issue. If she unlocks her phone, then sleeps it and immediately wakes it, when she uses the slider on the lock screen she isn't prompted for the passcode.

Any feedback/help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

2. dave420 macrumors 65816

You are thinking about a different setting. Click Settings, General, then Passcode Lock. There is an option "Require Passcode" that you have set for immediately. Set that to the time you desire.

3. marcusstarnes thread starter macrumors newbie

Aha, I've never even seen that option before, thanks! However, I just went to change it and it's only got 'Immediately' as an option - no other options are available to choose from (and I've just removed my exchange account from the phone so I guess exchange can't be the reason for the lack of other options).

Any ideas?

Thanks again....

4. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Auto lock means that if you let your phone sit idle for 5 minutes, it will shut off. For better battery life, you should set that to 1 minute.

Also, what do you mean you only see "immediately"? If you go to Settings > General > Passcode Lock, you'll see "Require Passcode" two boxes down. If it's grayed out or something then you don't have a passcode set.

5. marcusstarnes thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, that's where I am: Settings > General > Passcode Lock. I click on Require Password (which is enabled) and in the following screen there is just one option, that is "Immediately" - and that is ticked. No other options for me to choose from.

I've done a Reset All Settings on the phone also, but still I have just this one "Immediately" option for some reason :(

6. dave420 macrumors 65816

7. marcusstarnes thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info - Sounds like a lot of people are getting it after having to do a 'Reset All Settings' on the phone, which is what I had to do as soon as I got my new phone at the weekend, due to a problem with the Visual Voicemail.

I'm going to try setting it up as a new phone to see if the option appears, and will also download that configuration utility in case that proves to be useful.

Thanks for the help...

8. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin