Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacLilja

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2015
Somethime I need to enter my pin code on the watch even though I have it on me. Anyone else experiencing this? Why is it happening? I thought it would only happen when you took it off?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Somethime I need to enter my pin code on the watch even though I have it on me. Anyone else experiencing this? Why is it happening? I thought it would only happen when you took it off?

Maybe you're wearing it too loose and it's breaking contact with your skin.

MacLilja

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2015
No, it's tight on my wrist. It's been warm here though and maybe that can make it happen? It's only happened one a day for two days out of five sl it's no big thing that happen a lot.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
No, it's tight on my wrist. It's been warm here though and maybe that can make it happen? It's only happened one a day for two days out of five sl it's no big thing that happen a lot.

What version of WatchOS are you on? I'm on 1.0.1 and haven't seen that issue at all.

JoeTomasone

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2014

If it was the heat that was doing it, myself and my fellow Floridians would have been screaming bloody murder by now.

The pin is killing me. I have shut it off completely, it's to easy to get by anyway.

And how would you "get by" it?

Reactions: LewisChapman

MacLilja

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2015
Well it's no big problem so I will keep the pin but I also see very little use of the pin on the watch.

MacLilja

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2015
Well, we don't have Apple Pay here in Sweden so that is no problem.

Karnicopia

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2015
One way you can get by it is if you unlock your phone with the fingerprint sensor while wearing the watch it will unlock the watch. This is how I usually unlock the watch in the morning. You may just rather do the pin on the watch but figured I'd mention it.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
One way you can get by it is if you unlock your phone with the fingerprint sensor while wearing the watch it will unlock the watch. This is how I usually unlock the watch in the morning. You may just rather do the pin on the watch but figured I'd mention it.

I had assumed the OP was already unlocking using the fingerprint, and it's a known bug where it gets disconnected from that and asks for the PIN. A restart usually fixes this bug.

MacLilja

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2015
Restarted the phone and the watch and so far it hasn't asked for the pin.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.