Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TrentS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 24, 2011
Overland Park, Kansas
I am trying to light up my new iPad 3 with the AT&T 4G service. I'm not quite sure how it all works, and not sure of all the steps that I should do.

In settings under Cellular Data, there is a window that says "Enter PIN to lock SIM". Is this something that has to be done, or is this an option? Where do I find the SIM's number?

Is there anywhere I can go to give me step by step instructions on how to start the 4G service, and how to stop the service correctly at the end of the month cycle? Thanks!!

:):):):)

TrentS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 24, 2011
Overland Park, Kansas
PIN Number....

OK, since I haven't had any responses to my question here, I decided to investigate myself. I called an AT&T store to find out if indeed this was an option or not. They told me it is an option, in case if you lose your SIM card, nobody else would be able to retrieve date from it. But you do not have to enter your PIN number and lock it in, if you choose not to.

:):):)

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Yeah, the real fun part is when you "accidentally" lock the SIM after entering the wrong PIN :eek:

The AT&T store near my house was very gracious in giving me another SIM to put in my iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.