Entered false password in Facebook how to correct keychain?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Dal123, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Dal123 macrumors 6502a

Dal123

I entered my password in facebook wrong and now every time I have to enter the password again. No biggie but getting on my nerves.
    I never took proper advantage of keychain access, and I think it would be good to use it properly.
    I have cleared cache, but keychain I am struggling to find any facebook stored password there :eek:.
    Anyone got any suggestions?

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

Normally if you correct the password Keychain will ask you if you want to use the new one or keep the old one.

If you open up Keychain Access, the Login keychain should have all the saved Safari passwords, as well as Mail.app logins, and similar stuff for other apps that store sensitive data there. If you double-click on an entry, it'll open up the edit box, from which you can show and/or edit the password; it'll ask for a save confirmation when you close it if you've changed the password.

You can generally search for part of the URL of the website to find the entry; "Facebook" in the search box should show it. (You could also try your username, if you're not finding it.)

Also, if you're using Firefox, it has its own password database separate from the Keychain; you access it through a button in its Security preference window.

3. marc11 macrumors 68000

Safari also, Preferences, AutoFill and click the user name/password edit button.

4. Dal123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dal123