Entering Apple ID after switch off?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Peter Franks, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

Anyone else experienced this. Had 5S for 3 years but when switched on earlier asked me for activation lock code and Apple ID and password. And started with checking what WiFi to link to. With a list of wifi networks in a format I've never seen before. Never done that before. What's that all about? Not a virus is it? Anyone got any idea why?

Not updated to iOS 10.2 yet. On 10.1.1 and its the sort of thing that happens when you do update?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

So this happened right after an update?

3. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

No. that's just it. Nothing updated. A switch off and on and the list of wifi to tick and pass lock and Apple ID before phone would switch on. I've not updated to 10.2 yet

4. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Is your user name here any reference to the James Bond film Diamonds Are Forever? I'm sorry to go off-topic, but I have to know.

5. GrievingFob606, Dec 17, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2016

GrievingFob606 Suspended

Same to my iPad mini, it had asked me to activate my activation lock. I entered my password, but nothing happened. But I already found out that Apple sent me an email to inform me that my iPad mini was removed as trusted device. I didn't do anything. Strange as hell.

Edit: I didn't turn off my iPad mini, btw. And I didn't get the same thing on my iPhone.

6. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Did you get the list of wifi networks as well, even though you've always using the same one, and had to enter Apple ID and password too? It is very weird, because nothing had changed or done anything different to usual. Turn off at night, switch on in morning. But to get asked all that before it would switch on when you've not updated anything is very strange. Yes.

'Who is your floor'? No. But here's a thing, I had lunch with the guy who played the part, Joe Robinson, many years ago. And he's still alive and well and living in Brighton. He'll be 90 next year.

7. CobraPA macrumors 6502a

I've noticed 10.1.1 on an iPhone seems to lose the wifi password on a known network sometimes here. It's happened 2 or 3 times so far. Not sure what's causing it.

Also seems to be overnight, although not with a power cycle. The first time it really surprised me, as my local network has never been forgotten unless I re-install prior to this.

It didn't prompt me for AppleID passwords though, those seemed to have been remembered.

8. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeh this was weird. It was listed in a way that was totally different to wifi setting in iOS. It was something I'd never seen before. All of it was alien looking

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Likely the one that comes up when initially setting up the device or after a restore (basically a list on essentially an all white screen)?

10. GrievingFob606 Suspended

It is still running iOS 9.3.5. Yup, I still use the same router. Worked fine, no problem at all.

11. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

You could be right, I wish now I'd have taken a screenshot of all of these pages that came up, as all of them were completely alien to me and hadn't seen any of them come up on any iPhone I've owned before. I've updated to current iOS this weekend, and even the Apple ID didn't come up this time. We shall see.

Thanks guys, no rhyme or reason to it, but sometimes these things happen.