Entering Pass Code

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Ric WRX, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Ric WRX macrumors member

Ric WRX

Yesterday, I put my AW on and proceeded to entering my code. The last number would be on the last row, I could not enter thar number. I was unable to activate that digit. Every time I hit that digit, nothing. I tried and tried, nothing. I finally tried changing the code. I was able to get. It was like touching the screen and noting happening.

2. BSG75 macrumors regular

BSG75

If you have Touch ID on your iPhone, you can use that to unlock your watch. You may already know that, but I wanted to throw it out there.

3. FellaMeLad macrumors member

FellaMeLad

Don't you have to enter your code in order to change it? Anyhow, when you have strange issues like this, it's always a good idea to hard reset your Watch by holding the Digital Crown and Friends buttons simultaneously until you see the Apple logo.

If that doesn't fix it, then it sounds like you have a defective watch that will need replacing. I'd recommend you bring it to your nearest Apple store.

4. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

You'll still need the passcode if you're using Apple Pay.

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

It you try to open an App tough that area of the screen (or any other touch activity) does it open or work? Most importantly you need to determine if your screen is defective.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

So I haven't turned off passcode, but it allowed you to change it or turn it off without entering the passcode? How else did you do this if that area of the screen wasn't working?

7. Ric WRX thread starter macrumors member

Ric WRX

I just got my wifi working again, it seems that it wasn't pairing quick enough or something like that, seems that I need to have it on my wrist for awhile before I can put the pass code in. If the AW is locked you can't turn it off or do anything with it. I have the unlock with IPhone on, but it has never really worked.

8. AppleWes macrumors 6502

AppleWes

Same here. Used to work good but never seems to now, always have to enter the code.

9. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

jasie02

I have never enter AW passcode when use Apple Pay. And I use AP almost daily, sometime several times a day. If I remove my watch, I unlock AW passcode use touchID on iPhone. Just lock/unlock if iPhone is not lock when replace AW.
    Try turn on "Unlock with iPhone" in passcode setting of iPhone Watch app, see it help.

10. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

....but your :apple:Watch still HAS a passcode. That is what the OP meant. You NEED a passcode on your :apple:Watch in order to use :apple:Pay. :apple:Pay will not work unless your :apple:Watch has a passcode.

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Reboot both devices. I've run into this bug a few times and rebooting fixes it.

12. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

I have Apple Pay on my Watch, plus a passcode. When I put my watch on in the morning, I enter the passcode. If I go into the iPhone Watch app and select Passcode, I can't toggle on 'Unlock with iPhone' - it defaults to off.
    From the Apple Pay website "Because when you set up Apple Pay, you're required to set up a passcode. Each time you take Apple Watch off your wrist, the passcode must be entered to access it."

13. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

That doesn't sound correct. You should be able to use TouchID to unlock in lieu of entering a passcode, assuming you have the correct settings.

That's unless you have the iPhone 5. Is that what you have?

14. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

15. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

No, I think you need to tell Apple yourself, because the rest of us can unlock with TouchID instead of a passcode on iPhone 5s and newer.

16. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

jasie02

Passcode only need to enter at setup, from that point no enter password at all forever if I want. I could use touchID to unlock, no password enter forever if I want.

17. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

It is the same for everyone with an iPhone 5S or higher, not just you. Again we all know this but the OP is referring to not ADDING a passcode to the :apple:Watch at all. No passcode, no :apple:Pay.

18. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

jasie02

I said I could, I never said "ONLY" I could.
    I am not that special, don't worry.

19. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

So…

Are we sure that it wasn't a hardware issue? No dead spots on the screen?

20. Ric WRX thread starter macrumors member

Ric WRX

At first I thought it was dead spots on the screen but no dead spots, by the way I have an iPhone 6. I took the passcode off to see how it works and battery life.

21. DJTaurus macrumors 65816

DJTaurus