Enterprise/Exchange?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by scottiep, Jul 11, 2008.

1. scottiep macrumors newbie

Does anyone with 2.0 software/firmware have the ability to get push email from their work Exchange server?

That is, can I do this without paying the "enterprise" monthly service? Either way, I guess I have to get our IT guys to enable certain things to work with my iPhone, but before going down that road, I wanted to double-check that it is a feature of the 2.0 software and not also a plan I have to add to my monthly AT&T bill.

thanks.

2. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

it's with the 2.0 software but i couldnt use it yet since i dont know my exchange server number.

3. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

Yep, it'll sync your calendar, contacts and emails with "push".

4. InTheAir macrumors regular

...and just to confirm, you don't need the "Enterprise Data Plan" to get your calendar, contacts, emails pushed, correct?

5. pcguru83 macrumors 6502a

pcguru83

It's working great for me with the standard plan so far.

6. Sphyrna macrumors regular

Correct

I'm on the regular data plan and had no problem configuring my 3G for Exchange and getting push email and contacts to work. I haven't tried anything on the Calendar yet.

7. mshoo1 macrumors newbie

I'm on a regular data plan and have full Exchange functionality. Email, calendars, and contacts are working great. The one quirk I have noticed is that it does not appear as though you can initiate meeting requests through Exchange.

8. montecarloss919 macrumors member

How to set up exchange

Hi quick ? for you, so my 3G i phone automatically picked up my schools IMAP email account, but its not pushing ot my phone i have to manually do it. i was wondering how you set up your exchange? thank you!