Enterprise Licenses -- How Many?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by ms960, Jul 18, 2013.

1. ms960 macrumors newbie

My organization is currently developing an iOS application to be distributed to iPads within our organization only. I know we need an Enterprise License for this, since the number of devices will be well over 100.

My question -- is a single Enterprise License sufficient in order to distribute one or more apps to a large number of devices? When is it necessary, if ever, to have more than one Enterprise License?

I've been digging through the Apple Developer site looking for an answer to this specific question, but don't see it addressed. This gives me the impression that only a single license is necessary, but wanted to confirm it.

Thank you.

2. firewood macrumors 604

Big companies use their iOS Enterprise enrollment to deploy in-house apps to thousands of internal employees.

3. PhoneyDeveloper macrumors 68030

PhoneyDeveloper

I believe there are no arbitrary limits to the number of apps or number of copies of an app that can be distributed internally with an Enterprise license.

4. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Beside an enterprise contract you might consider setup your own internal AppStore. The company I'm working for use MobileIron with their AppStore functionality to distribute internal apps to more then 25'000 devices.

I'm sure we have multiple enterprise agreements due to regional setup; but the AppStore we use is the only one for all countries and centrally managed.

5. xStep macrumors 68000

Yes, you'll need an enterprise account.

Tools like Afaria and MobileIron make it easier to distribute apps and also allow you to easily setup device restrictions too.

I haven't looked into it, but you can setup a web page to allow for downloading of your app. There isn't a need for the above distribution tools.