(Entertainment) apps for in an aircraft

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by ThatsMeRight, Feb 26, 2011.

1. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

Well, in a week I'm going on holiday to the Middle-East in a few weeks and it's going to be a flight of about 5 hours. Perhaps even more. Now I don't hate flying at all, in fact, I really love it but I doubt it that I can watch out of the window and enjoy the flying for 5 hours.

So obviously I'm bringing my iPad. I've already downloaded music and movies but I'm still looking for some awesome apps which do not require internet connection as I'm not sure if WiFi will be available on flight. (And oh yes, it IS legal to download music/movies in the Netherlands (I'm Dutch)).

So the point is, I'm looking for some awesome apps which do not require an internet connection. Just to spend the time.

Does anyone know any good apps? :)

Thanks!

2. Bcarraher macrumors member

Bcarraher

3. ThatsMeRight thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks, anything else?

4. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

I was recently on a flight back from the Middle-East, ended up watching a few episodes of DiggNation which I had already downloaded from iTunes.

As for apps, Flight Control HD, Real Racing HD, Fruit Ninja HD, Cut The Rope HD, Ninja Jump Deluxe and of course Angry Birds HD

Hope it helps, these are the apps I played the most.

5. iPadLad macrumors member

iPadLad

Puzzle Quest 2 HD

I gotta warn you tho, it is addictive. You can play it for hours at a time

6. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

7. ThatsMeRight thread starter macrumors 68020

Hehe, no sleep for me. I always enjoying flying and I don't want to be asleep at such a moment. I even enjoy it when there is some turbulence.

Thanks for all these tips. Are there any other apps you guys can advice me? My planes leaves tomorrow night, so not much time any more. :)

8. Mildewy macrumors newbie

How about a movie or 2, Angry Birds, Dead Space if you like games, GarageBand if you even remotely like music will be out on the 11th...

Disregard the GarageBand...I didn't see the original date of the thread. MAyeb for the flight home though?

9. iJordz macrumors member

10. ThatsMeRight thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks for all the advices! In a few hours I'm going to Amsterdam schiphol, so if anyone still knows a killer app... I'd be glad to hear about it :)

11. ThatsMeRight thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks everybody. I also found some awesome iphones apps which I did not know off before.

Tonight flying again (no not the Middle-East again (although I would advise it to anyone)), so these iPhone apps will come in handy as well.