Entertainment Industry Discount

Discussion in 'iPad' started by oreo1112, Mar 5, 2012.

1. oreo1112 macrumors newbie

I am planning on purchasing the new iPad whenever it comes out.

When the iPad 1 came out I remember I was sent to buy two for my company. I showed them my badge that I have to wear during work to verify I work in the entertainment industry and received a discount.

I went to the Apple Store (a different store then when I bought the iPad 1) a few weeks ago and asked them. They gave me a look like I was crazy.

Does anyone know if they still offer this discount? This is will be one of my deciding factors of where I wait in line for the iPad.

Thank you in advance :)

2. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Badge? I've never heard of an entertainment industry discount but I don't understand how the entertainment industry can have a badge.

3. oreo1112 thread starter macrumors newbie

It is the badge I wear to get into different doors and so that security on the lot know that I work there.

4. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

As a business you do get discounts on computers I know I always have but I don't think they do it on iPads.
    I know they don't do it on iPhones as I tried.

5. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Ah ok that makes more sense. I thought you meant like a police badge or something :p

6. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Working for Rogers gives me about a 10-17 (LOL) dollar discount on iPads. I just have to show a piece of ID and a paystub.

If you go to the store to do it, tell them the company you work for, and they pull out this rather large binder that has all the codes for the different companies. They enter it in and then boom, there's the discount.

7. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

The company I work for has close ties with Apple and gets good discounts. The iPad is not on that list of discounts. Apple knows they can sell them for full price and people will still buy them.

8. Identity Fraud macrumors 6502

Does the store that give the discount lease out space from a larger property? There may be some type of deal with that property to give employees of the same property the discount.

9. dgstan macrumors 6502a

My company is a major supplier to Apple. They offer us a 10% discount, but never on newly released items. There is a certain amount of time they make us wait if we want the discount.