Entire Address Book is screwed up! How to fix it?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mgpg89, Sep 16, 2009.

1. mgpg89 macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

I just opened my address book and everything is screwed up!

Double contacts, wrong e-mail addresses under the wrong people, contacts gone etc ...

I am syncing with MobileMe and so is my iPhone 3GS and over at Me.com, everything is still fine ...

Before you ask, I didn't mess this up myself, 100% sure.

Any ideas as to why this could've happened?

2. springyfox macrumors member

Before you do anything else I would prevent your Phone and Mac syncing with MobileMe address book. I had the same thing happen, forgot to do this, and soon the mistakes had been pushed back up to MobileMe.

After that, delete your entire address book (after backing it up just in case) from your phone and your mac. Re-syncing from MobileMe should then pull down the "clean" copy of your database. I have had the exact same thing happen and have no idea why, but this sorted it out.

3. selcuk macrumors newbie

Address Book and .me account

This is slightly related: I opened my address book to find that there is only one contact left in it, the noreply@googlemail.com address, which I presume happened when I logged on to Google Groups last week. Now I have the address book on my .me account, and want to back that up and make it sync with my Mac Address book to restore the addresses, but I am fearful that something will wipe those too. Any ideas on:

How to back up the address book from .me account
    How to get these addresses from the .me account to my Mac.

Ps I am not operating Snow Leopard.

Thanks

Selcuk