Entire desktop moving???

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by knew2mack, Apr 19, 2011.

1. knew2mack macrumors regular

knew2mack

Hi everyone,
    Hope I'm posting to the right place.....

i had the cable guy out here to bring new modem....well now all of a sudden, when I try to move the cursor, my entire window/page/desktop moves.. I move cursor to the right, screen goes to the left.

Of course I immediately called the company to get him back out here.....he calls me back and of course, says it was doing that the entire time....REALLY??? Well, one would think he would've thought to ask abt this strange phenomena....his answer was, "I just thought it was something you had set up....I don't know much abt Macs, so I can't help you....

First of all, I had to type in my password a couple of times and when I moved the cursor, nothing odd was going on, he didn't see my password either.

Secondly, IT WAS NOT DOING THIS BEFORE HE TOUCHED IT!!!! (yeah, I know, I should have been right there basically up his a$$ watching over him)

So.....does anyone at all know how to fix this??? Has anyone out there ever even heard of this???

HELP!!!!!

thanks

2. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

Press CTRL and scroll down.

I think you should calm down, since this can happen by accident very easily and it's really not a big problem.

3. knew2mack thread starter macrumors regular

knew2mack

Well, thank you very much....it's working now.

I was, yes, freaking out, cause I don't know much abt computers and when I spoke to the IT dept and the tech, neither one of them had ever heard of it either. I was afraid.....

so again, thanks so much!! :)

4. knew2mack thread starter macrumors regular

knew2mack

by the way...is there any reason that someone would set this up to use??? it seems to be just a big pain.....

5. simsaladimbamba

It is enabled by default, as far as I know. It can be a pain, if one does not know about though.

6. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

It's for zooming in on the screen for people who have a hard time seeing. Instead of making everything bigger and preventing you from having as much screen real estate to work with, it simply zooms in on a section and then allows you to move around, as though you were using a magnifying glass to look at part of an image.

jW