entire right side (USB,HDMI,SD CARD SLOT) not working on retina MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by basedhtml, Dec 2, 2014.

1. basedhtml macrumors newbie

I have a mid 2012 retina MBP (MacBookPro10,1) and the usb, hdmi, and sd stopped working a while back. I have a protection plan from Best Buy so I can send it in but I can't afford to not have my computer for the two weeks it takes them.

Is there anyway to easily find out if can replace it myself or what is wrong before I send it in?

2. Brian Y macrumors 68040

It'll be the I/O board.

Could be a loose cable, or it could need a new I/O board.

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I concur that is sounds as if the IO board or IO cable has failed.

4. crawler1975 macrumors regular

crawler1975

You will be voiding your protection plan/warranty if you will change/replace parts of your macbook. Send it in to Best Buy for the fix. I know that you cannot afford to not have a computer for 2wks but that is the reason why you bought that extra warranty.

Regarding your issue, I suspect some kind of spillage happened on your machine. Am I right?

5. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

IO board detached connector or failure. You could open it up to check for a detached connector; otherwise the best option for you is to send it in. You'll just have to find an alternative computer during that time.

6. Ravenis macrumors member

you can go to the apple store and have them tell you whats wrong in a quick 15 min session

did you try something basic as smc reset by any chance?

7. JamesPDX Suspended

JamesPDX