Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hbtd

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2011
Hello,

New forum member here with a question. Just migrated from a white Macbook to a 2011 13'' Air.

Question: Does the entire area of the trackpad click? Not tap but click. The "top" 1/4 (near the keyboard) of my trackpad does not click. My old MB has the trackpad button so I'm getting used to the new trackpad.

Very nice laptop compared to the MB. The keyboard is night and day.

Thanks.

PaulWog

Suspended
Jun 28, 2011
Hello,

New forum member here with a question. Just migrated from a white Macbook to a 2011 13'' Air.

Question: Does the entire area of the trackpad click? Not tap but click. The "top" 1/4 (near the keyboard) of my trackpad does not click. My old MB has the trackpad button so I'm getting used to the new trackpad.

Very nice laptop compared to the MB. The keyboard is night and day.

Thanks.

Most of it is clickable, but it gets harder to click as you get to the part of the touchpad closest to the keyboard. Some is unclickable, but that's about 1/8th of the trackpad maybe.

Basically the bottom 3/4 of the trackpad is clickable, and it's nicest to click on the bottom half.

christophermdia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2008
you are correct in that not the entire trackpad clicks...only the bottom 75%, the click is driven by leverage on the top 25%....this is normal...

hbtd

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2011
Thanks for the feedback. Just wanted to make sure I didn't have a bad one.

PaulWog

Suspended
Jun 28, 2011
Thanks for the feedback. Just wanted to make sure I didn't have a bad one.

You'll also notice the very bottom portion (like the bottom 1cm) doesn't really respond or anything. That's also normal. And you'll notice the very very corner areas also aren't really responsive, which is also normal. :p (Just a heads up).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.