Entomologist's dream!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RumorHasIt...., Aug 1, 2008.

1. RumorHasIt.... macrumors member

As my title says, 2.0 is an entomologist's (one who studies bugs) dream. First, I have had the problem of the 2-3 hr backups.

Then, I couldn't do a restore. After several attempts I finally managed it. However, I have lost 3 rented movies because I was unable to transfer them back into itunes. One of the messages I got was this "The rented movie could not be transferred from the iphone because it has already been transferred to another computer or device". Now, even though my iphone doesn't show it exists, itunes is transferring my latest rental back to itunes. Once done,I will restore. Nevermind, even though it indicated that it transferred the movie, the same error message comes up and nothing was transferred.

Another one is, where on my iphone, I press on an app and it opens it and, after a couple of seconds, it goes back to the home screen. Right now, I can't open any apps. Without problems, I can use safari.

Also, all of my songs and videos are gone. However, if I go to settings>general>about, it says that I have 0 songs and videos (see photo), but that I have only 1.4gb available?

Lastly, I purchased a movie from itunes and it downloaded it to my computer. Now, itunes is downloading the movie again? I have the latest itunes version 7.7.1.11.

Attached Files:

2. Epix macrumors member

3. xamkil83 macrumors member

I would go to the Apple Store and exchange that thing. Your iPhone should not act like that. There is someting taking up the memory on your iPhone. I don't know what it is but that is a lot of memory gone.

4. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

What does your memory usage on the iPhone screen in iTunes report? Does it show the same amount remaining? How much does it show in each category?

5. RumorHasIt.... thread starter macrumors member

Working

Now, it seems to be working. I did another restore and most of my content is back. Unfortunately, the long backups are back.

Of course, I lost another rental. :mad:

Since mine is a 1st gen iphone, there isn't an option to return it. However, the phone is fine, it's the software that's the problem.

6. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

If you have a hardware issue with your previous version of the iPhone there is no reason you cannot get it replaced... (Unless Warranty is up) With that said, it appears you have a software issue. You could try calling Apple Support, explaining your issue and hopefully get those rentals recovered or refunded...

7. RumorHasIt.... thread starter macrumors member

Out of warranty

Since I purchased mine the second day they were available, and I didn't get applecare, there is no warranty. But, as I stated, my phone is fine. Firmware 2.0 needs work.

I may try calling apple support to see if there is a way to get a refund on the rentals. We'll see...:rolleyes:

8. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Yeah, all is good. It's worth a try to get the rental credit back.

9. muskratboy macrumors 6502

you already have applecare

Actually, the iphone comes with a year of applecare, covering all defects (that aren't your fault)... buying applecare ($69) just gets you ANOTHER year of that warranty, for a total of 2.

the good news is, applecare covers battery replacement, and is cheaper than paying for one. and you can buy that 2nd year at any time during the first year.

10. RumorHasIt.... thread starter macrumors member

It's been over 1 yr

As I stated, my iphone is a 1st gen and I got it the 2nd day they were available; meaning jun 30th 2007. So, it's been over a year ,and hence, no more warranty.

Again, my phone is fine. It's the firmware!

Right now, it's working great. However, it probably will have problems. Hopefully, the firmware update is soon. I'm confidant that it will be good.:)