Entourage 08 and Mac Mail have stopped sending email!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by apolloa, Apr 9, 2009.

1. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Hi, PLEASE can you guy's help? I am in the UK and use google mail, it's been fine for ages but I hardly ever send emails. So today I needed to and I can't! I can send emails from google mail online fine, but my Mac Mail refuses to and I have installed Entourage 08 tonight, updated it and again it fails to send, I have reset my router, set everything to IMAP from POP, deleted and created new email accounts in each programme but STILL neither will send emails!

Please help me :(

I am begining to wonder if Google Mail is in fact poo as it seems to cause many problems for people?

2. raziel777 macrumors regular

What is the message it tells you when you try and send mail?
    Make sure your authentication on outgoing mail is set to on with a password.

3. apolloa thread starter macrumors G3

apolloa

Mac Mail gives me no message, useful. Entourage says:

Entourage cannot find the server. Verify the server information is entered correctly in the Account Settings, and that your DNS settings in the Network pane of System Preferences are correct.

Mail could not be sent.

Account name: "Gmail"

Error: -3176

4. apolloa thread starter macrumors G3

apolloa

I fixed it! I read the error message properly and decided it would be the ports etc, googled it and put gmail.com instead of googlemail and used ports 465 and 995 with SSL, now I have to decide if I want IMAP or POP and if I use Entourage or Mac Mail?

5. raziel777 macrumors regular

Glad you got it worked out. :D I would go with mac mail. Just my preference.