Entourage 08 keeps crashing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by RockTheGlobe, Dec 2, 2010.

1. RockTheGlobe macrumors member

Ever since I installed the latest Office 2008 update (moving Entourage up to v12.2.7), Entourage has crashed at least once a day when I open an unread e-mail. Seems like it happens more often when there are images embedded in the e-mail, like when someone has one in their signature, but I honestly can't tell what the rhyme or reason is for it. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. ThomasJL macrumors 6502a

I'm using Entourage 2008 12.2.7 right now. I've had a similar problem. Last month there were around 3000 of pieces of spam in my Inbox, and approximately half were read and half were unread. (I let the spam pile up for years.) Last month, I decided to do a cleanup of my Inbox by deleting all the spam. Often times (though not every time) when I opened an unread e-mail, the program would crash. It only happened with unread e-mail messages.

I tried to fix the problem by rebuilding my database, and that did not help at all. The problem still existed to the same extent as before.