Entourage 2004 Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Keegers, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Keegers macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I hope this is the correct place to post this question.

I have a user who is having a problem with Entourage 2004. When he gets an email notification, the notification window's font is Giddyup. This makes is almost impossible to read.

My only thought is to delete all his plists in /users/uername/library folder relating to Office and/or Entourage. But before I do that, I just wanted to see if anyone else had that problem and had a way to fix it.

Thanks,
    Keegers

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Sounds like he's having a problem with his fonts. Open up the Font Book application and see if any of the fonts in there are listed as damaged. You can also search for duplicate fonts.

The Apple Blog has recently posted a series of articles about font management in OS X. You might want to check them out, especially the font primer and managing fonts and font problems.

At worst, if he doesn't ever care to use this font ever again, you can disable the font. In Font Book, select the offending font, go to the File menu, and select Disable. (Alternately, control-click on the offending font and select Disable there.) Don't do this unless you're absolutely sure that you never ever want to use this font in any application ever again.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

3. Keegers thread starter macrumors newbie

We were able to identify the font in question, CurlzMT.

The problem now is that if we disable the font, Photoshop won't start (man that was a headache narrowing that down).

Does anyone else know what we can do about this?