Entourage 2008: All incoming attachments corrupt

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by akipaak, Sep 5, 2009.

1. akipaak macrumors newbie

Installed MSOffice for Mac 2008 on my macbook pro 10.5 Tiger.

Entourage has 1 major error: None of the incoming attachments can be opened. Not .doc, .xls, .ppt, .pdf etc. All error messages are the same: file corrupt.
    Example ppt: "The file may be corrupt, in use, not a type recognized by PowerPoint, or the file extension may not match the internal format of the file."

Example pdf: "There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired."

I have this problem for mail coming via IMAP as well as via POP servers.

The files are not only corrupt when trying to open them on my mac, but also when I forward these files to another mail address and try to open with my PC, they have become corrupt. Thus: good files received via entourage become corrupt.

I tried all different entourage attachment encoding settings, nothing seems to work.

Mac mail does not have this problem. Can anyone give advise? I tried 2 days to Bing / Google the problem without success.

2. bcburrows macrumors 6502

bcburrows

The only entourage you should have on your mac are episodes of the show from itunes :D

Afraid I have no idea on your problem otherwise, I will not let microsoft play with my mac - not after I realised office for mac was SH*T

3. akipaak thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks bcburrows, but I am trying to get to a solution where I can use Entourage.

Any constructive feedback is highly appreciated!