Entourage 2008 calendar invasion (how did these events get here?)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bagelche, Dec 2, 2008.

1. bagelche macrumors 6502

bagelche

I use Entourage 2008 at work for my work calendar (rest of the small office uses Outlook 2004) to keep track of each others meetings. Today, when I came in I found my calendar utterly full of non-work related events. I know what the events are, but have no idea how they got there or how to get rid of them, but keep the work events.

Further detail:
    I am involved in a community radio station and the events that appeared are from a 3 year old schedule -- every show, right day right time -- but repeated in the Entourage calendar every month for years. I know that the radio calendar had been in an ical format several years ago, but I do not use ical on this computer. I use my personal laptop for that. I checked the Entourage settings and it's not set to sync with anything.

How did they suddenly appear and how can I get rid of them?

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Is there any way that you accidentally imported these events into Entourage? You don't need to use iCal itself on this computer, but if you had files for the events (in the .ics format) and somehow told Entourage to import them (dragging them from the Finder to Entourage, or maybe double-clicking on them in the Finder) ... That would be my only guess.

There are a few options to get rid of them.

1. Select each individual event, hit the delete button. Since they're recurring events, you should be asked whether you want to delete the individual occurrence or the whole series; select the whole series.

2. If the events all have their own category, go to the search field, select "Category Is" from the drop-down, and then enter the category name. Again, select each individual event, delete, and select the whole series.

3. Same idea as (2), but maybe the events have something else in common (maybe your radio station's call letters in the event title?), which you can search on so that you can delete 'em all.

4. Under calendar views, there are a few views that we provide, including for events that recur weekly, monthly, or annually. If one of those is relevant, go to that view and use that to find the events that you need to delete.

Hmmm, those are the only options off of the top of my head. None of them are as automated as I think you were looking for, but they'll help get your calendar back after hopefully only a few minutes of deleting stuff.

Regards,
    Nadyne.